5 Jul 2014

MELT COSMETICS: ULTRA MATTE LIPPIES

Hiya!

Yesterday the package I've been waiting for finally arrived, and it was my very first purchase with Melt Cosmetics. If you haven't heard of them, well they're a cosmetic brand who manufactures lipsticks (for now), and if you want to check them out, just click here.


Each lipsticks costs around US$19, more or less S$25 each, and it has this ultra-matte formula. I have two lipsticks, one is Belladonna 2 which is a cool toned Red, and the other is Shady Lady, which I describe as a cross between M.A.C.'s Heroine and a bit of Lickable lippie.

Shady Lady

So, first impressions.
Packaging: Reminds me of UD's Revolution lipstick but better. I love the easy to grip sides.
Scent: It has a sweet yet there's this old make up scent in it. That sweetened scent reminds me of that floral candies I used to eat which can be found in birthday cakes back in our country. There's also that a bit of ice scramble (just some iced shake with some pink food coloring, powdered milk and Hershey's chocolate syrup on top) scent to it.
Feel: It feels light weight. Even though it's ultra-matte I don't find it drying.
Texture: Really matte, reminds me of Retro Mattes of M.A.C. and Illamasqua lipsticks which are quite hard to apply and you'll get a bit scared for you might broke the lipstick. Really opaque when applied. oh right, it has less transfer too, once you put it, it sets quite fast.
Thoughts: It's a really good matte lipstick although the opaqueness can be a bit of a problem in taking it off since it does leave a stain on your lips. I think it would be better to be applied using a brush than straight to the tube for more control too.
Am I happy with my purchase?: DEFINITELY YES! I eat a lot of quite oily foods almost everyday of my life and this is definitely one of the lipsticks I can see that would hold off the oiliness from the food I eat.
Belladonna 2

If you want to purchase one of the lipsticks, just go click on the link at the top of this page.

So that's it for now!


Thank you for your time :)


Love,

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment