1 Oct 2014

Beauty haul yet again (Part I)

Hi guys~! The day I've been looking forward to is coming too close and I'm quite nervous about it. This Friday will probably mark as the start of my Freelance Makeup Artist - Career, but it will definitely be one of my stepping stones although it's just a test run*.

Bought some stuff today and I'm pretty psyched to use them up.



My first ever Sigma Brushes:Mrs. Bunny Essential Brush Kit

some stuff I bought from M.A.C. and SEPHORA
Have been meaning to buy this Train Case for awhile. Happy to have it before December ^^


So these are the stuff I bought and let me get it through in detail. 

For the Sigma Brushes, Mrs. Bunny Essential Brush Kit, I love the packaging when I received it. Not bad for a first time purchase in Luxola, the delivery guy even arrived earlier than expected and I was still on my pjs (talk about day-off). If you're wondering how much I bought it from Luxola, it's S$206.00 which is cheaper if I bought the travel sized brushes from M.A.C. (retailed at S$110.00 - S$115 per pack with 5 to 6 brushes so for two it would roughly cause me SGD 220.00 - SGD 230.00)

YEY! Blue Brusheys~!

I never used or tried any of these brushes yet since I'm saving it for the big day. But first "feel" of it, I love how it actually feels, very soft.

For the M.A.C. stuff I bought, got myself a couple of lipsticks, M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, M.A.C. Face & Body Foundation, Prolong Concealer, Pump for Studio Fix Liquid, and a Prolong Lip Liner. 

M.A.C. Face and Body Foundation in C2, Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof Mascara, M.A.C. Studio Fix Liquid Foundation in NC25, M.A.C. Prolong Wear Concealer in NW25, M.A.C. Matte Lipstick in Fashion Revival (Deep Raspberry) and Damn Glamorous (Bright Pink Red) and Prolong Lip Liner in Bespoken For (Deep Plum)

I don't know if I had talked about Face and Body Foundation before but this is my second bottle (well actually a spare since I'll be running out soon). My skin feels very dry these days that I had to stick with M.A.C.'s Prolong Wear SPF 20 Foundation (cream) which sets quickly in to a matte finish but since I've had a very weird skin, dry at times then very oily at times, I'd have to switch foundation routines. If I'd want a more dewy look I'll go for the Face and Body. 

For oily skin, since my "client's" skin is pretty much oily, I better go for the matte finish. She had tried Studio Fix Powder Foundation which did pretty well, and I'd wanted to try something different in some ways. I just tried it and well it does give off a matte finish although I started feeling a bit itchy, which is sort of not a good idea to test it out since I'm having a dryer skin these days and that I'm probably off with PLW and F&B but I do love this foundation. 

Pro Long Wear Concealer in NW20 is nice. I was trying to find an under eye concealer and this was suggested to me and I love it. It doesn't crease as much as other concealers do and that it sets quite fast. 

The lipsticks (Fashion Revival) feels creamier and non drying. You could feel the matte in it but in a very creamy way. The lip liner reminds me of Urban Decay Lip Liners I have since it's creamy and really easy to work with. It does dry out but not like the other Pro Long Wear lip liners I tried which is a bit patchy after using. 

Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof mascara, probably the most expensive mascara I ever bought (SGD 50.00) but it does the job although the rose-y scent it gives off bothers me a bit. It gives off this false eyelash effect (IMO) which I never ever would like to use as much as possible. I'm not a fan of falsies since it takes too much time and energy and effort to fix it up, make it look good. But this mascara does the job. The wand reminds me of a slimmer version of MakeUp ForEver's Smokey Extravagant Mascara too. 

Overall I'm quite happy with my purchases and this is the look I've come up with.

Eyes: Used the Warm Neutral Palette from M.A.C.
M.A.C. Soft Ochre Paint Pot
Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof Mascara
Eyebrow: M.A.C. Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brunette
Face: M.A.C. Fix +
M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation in NC25
M.A.C. Studio Careblend Pressed in Medium
M.A.C. Bronzing Powder in Golden
Lips: M.A.C. Pro Long Lip Liner in Bespoken For
M.A.C. Matte Lipstick in Fashion Revival


(Just in case you're wondering, I do play Diablo 3 and that mouse pad is not from my honeybear, it's mine :P so care to add me up? battle tag's lilith#6766 but I'm in to World of Warcraft these days xD)

So that's all folks~!

Thanks for your time :) 

Love,

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment