So I've been collecting M.A.C. Lipsticks for over a year and a half now, and they never fail to amaze me. As you guys know, I am such a sucker over M.A.C. and sooner or later, I'll have a rack full of M.A.C. stuff >.> so yeah...
So somebody was asking me to post (rather she wanted to see) my M.A.C. Lipstick collection. There are some that I don't use much and there will always be my favorites.
I'll give you guys what I think and how I used it with some go-to-look thingies. Enjoy!
The top most contains all the shades I use but not that much or not the shade alone.
I have lots of Cremesheens, and Mattes. I think at least 2 Satins, and one Frost.
Let's start off with Angel. Angel is a frost, which I don't normally use. It has a pinkish undertone nude. It looks kind of dark when you look at it but it's quite light. When I use this, I usually use it with Creme d' Nude on top and Subculture Lip liner under to hold it. It does cake on my lips after a few hours though which made it my least fave even though they say I could pull it off.Kinda Sexy. Kinda Sexy is a Matte nude with orange/coral undertone. It is my first matte nude M.A.C. Lipstick, and well I don't normally use it. Same with Angel, it seemed like it does cake on my lips after a few hours. Easy to apply but once it dries up, it goes kinda sticky... >.>
Creme d' Nude. Creme d' Nude is the lightest of my lipsticks. It is a cremesheen and it has sort of an orange undertone same with Kinda Sexy but more light. I have been using this along with Angel or another lipstick like Nude to sort of, tone down the shades. I rarely use it with only this shade alone. I think I did once just to try it out. I have mentioned I have 2, the other one is the limited edition while the other one is the permanent one which I usually use with another shade.
Lady Danger. Lady Danger is that matte red with an orange undertone. I love this lipstick but when I use it, I feel like when I'm in a dark place or room, it will glow. This was suggested to me along with Candy Yum Yum, but I feel like it's too strong for me so I find it hard to use. But then Maybe I'll use it again with another lip liner. I usually use it with What A Blast! Lip liner so yeah... it brings out the neon-orange tone in it.
Shy Girl. Shy Girl is that another Nude cremesheen lipstick. It's not as light as Creme d' Nude. I love nudes, but then I'm not really sure why I'm not using this. so yeah, *lol* I might start using it soon for me to fully understand the shade. Really good for smokey eyes though...
MOST USED===
Brave Red. Brave Red is a cremesheen lipstick in between a cool and warm undertones. Perfect for a simple pin-up look or if you want just a go-to-red lip. It has a glossy top which you can pop out if you have an all-matte eyeshadows.
On Hold. On Hold is another Cremesheen lipstick. It's like a neutral-toned red lipstick which you can just put on if you want a little red on your lips. Good for an everyday look.
All Fired Up. All Fired Up is a matte lipstick which is a cross between a red and a pink. This is one of my "New" lipstick from the Retro Matte, and I believe they included it in the permanent collection. I love how it goes on my lips. it's not that strong on me or bold.
Diva. Diva is another matte lipstick which is a burgundy red lips. This is one of those lipsticks I would go with if I'm up for that dark goth (like) look on me. Or when I feel like I wanted to be evil or to put up this mature look.
Twig. Twig is a satin lipstick which has a bit of a red-pink cool undertone. It is one of my go-to lipsticks. Good to come with smokey eyes but it is quite dark. I sometimes use this with Creme d' Nude.
Giddy. Giddy is a cremesheen lipstick. It's another one of my go-to-lipsticks but then it's a bit light. When I use this I usually get mistaken for a student (a highschool student to be exact).
Lickable. Lickable is my very first cremesheen lipstick. I was in the mood for some fuchsia pink lip for an everyday wear and I saw this. I'm happy with the color since it's a bit dark.
Russian Red. Russian Red is a matte lipstick which is my very first M.A.C. Lipstick. I'm not going to elaborate on it, but when I was starting on makeup, this has always been my go-to-pin-up-lipsticks. When I'm up for a classic vintage look, this is the lipstick that usually finishes the look.
Retro. Retro is a satin lipstick which is one of my go-to lipstick. It's not as dark as Diva and I love it just as it is. Good to come with Mahogany lip liner.
Shanghai Spice. Shanghai Spice is a cremesheen lipstick with a bit of a coral tone in it. I usually use this with my dark smokey eyes and when I'm up for some NAKED looks.
Private Party. Private Party is a satin lipstick with a dark plummy shade. It has a bit of gray on it and I usually use it with UD's Venom Lip liner. It is quite bold.
Nude. Nude is one of those colors I love yet I feel like I couldn't quite pull it of (although they tell me that I could really pull it off). I usually apply this with UD's Liar Lip liner or M.A.C.'s Subculture lip liner then top it off with Creme d' Nude.
Riri Woo. RiriWoo is one of the matte reds I love. I used this on my Catwoman (like) tutorial. I also did a review on this lipstick so you could check it out on my previous post xD
Good To Be Bad. Good to be bad is my first supreme sheen lipstick. It's darker than that of Diva. very glossy and very pigmented. It's one of my newest lipstick I bought the other day due to my "depression"
Lady at Play. Lady at play is my first mineralize lipstick. It has a coral pink tone maybe much like the Impassioned lipstick. I bought this since I was comforting myself of being unable to buy that one shade for it's not available here in SG. :( Good to come with M.A.C's Dynamo Lip liner to pop that neon pink. Reminds me of that 5 to 10 pesos candies I kept buying when I was in school. That candy that sticks in your teeth and kinda hard to pull off.
SO There you have it. I have 21 lipsticks all in all (and counting). I really do love M.A.C. Lipsticks and for now, this is what I have.
Thanks for your time!
Love,
~M~


Wooooooow sooooooo many!!!!! ^^
ReplyDelete