18 Feb 2014
Within Temptation's New Album: HYDRA First Impressions
Hi guys~!
Ok somebody, (well, my honeybear) asked me to do some reviews about music and stuff because I was becoming more of a critic. I never wanted to do it in the first place for I might say something really really out of the way, but then these are just my opinions.
I've been a fan of WT for years now, and I think they've been adding some stuff in their music. I love how their songs give me these emotions everytime I listen to them remembering stuff and well, indulging in it.
Moving on, I must say that this album... is not really bad. I think I like it since I listen to different genres but then, the downside of things which I've been really a bit disappointed is they've been turning in to a bit pop-y. It's like they're trying to invade the "mainstream" music in the US which it's ok but then you get what I mean...
When I heard Paradise, (I looove Tarja!) it sounded a bit like Nightwish w/ Anette but then just replace Anette with Tarja and make her sing "Amaranth" and "Storytime". I was sad when Tarja had been kicked out by NW and was disappointed when I heard the pop-y tunes produced during Anette's era. But then again I've matured and learned to accept things I can't do anything about. I even love Dark Passion Play album and Imaginaerum.
Going back to the song, I do love the song. I always get LSS with it whenever I hear it (or when my head decides to listen to it.) I liked how Howard Jones mixed with Sharon's vocals in Dangerous, which appeared to sound like Amaranthe >.> but then I still missed the old teddy bear on stage with KsE. There's like something is wrong or I don't know... The beat is fast, really cool. (It feels good to run with metal songs, makes your feet go with the beat of the drums) but then I don't know, it feels like Howard could have done something more in the song. (Or maybe I'm just missing his growls)
So those are the things I think about the album. I will try to listen to it again when I can and try to embrace it. For now I think so far I'll give it a... 8/10.
I'll give out further reviews per song next time.
Horns up and rock on~! \m/
Love,
~M~
Labels:
Muziek
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment