26 Feb 2014

February: Month of the Lipsticks Part 2

Hi guys!

It's me again~! Sorry for the late updates. I just recently discovered that I could purchase some stuff I've been hearing about ever since I started in to makeup. I've been a lipstick junkie,  bold lips junkie to be more specific, and I saw Samantha Chapman from pixiwoo posted a picture of her wearing Eurydice by Illamasqua.

My reaction was: "OMG!!! It's so pretty!! I want to have it!!" inside my head. (never been really vocal when it comes to that unless I'm with my honeybear) and so I googled to check it out. Annnd you guys know what happened next.

I saw these pretty unique shades of lippies. I've bought M.A.C.'s Hautecore, worn it once at work with Private Party and Currant Lip Liner and I wasn't really happy about what I got at the end of the day. I love black. I love how black it turned out on my lip (with a bit of a blue shade on it) but the formula is not really that much. I was kind of disappointed about it.

It reminds me of when I used to wear nude lippies. I don't know, I mean I do put on a lip liner, fill up my lips with it and yet, at the end of the day I'm left with just the liner at the edge of my lips. (Hideous!) This is one of the reasons why I dislike nudes although I still love them when I'm doing a smokey eye.

But having it with a bold lip is a real "nuh-uh, not good". I encountered the same thing with NARS Train Bleu, and when I tried to reapply the lipstick, it turns out uneven. Not really good with putting it on with a quite dry lip.
Haute Core with Nightmoth

So, now I'm testing out Illamasqua's lipsticks. I've heard quite a mixture of good and bad reviews about it since it's all Matte. I love Matte. As I grow older, I think matte finishes are better and my love for cremesheen and shimmery, glossy lipsticks are slowly diminishing. But maybe because my lips are quite dry and they're the only finish who could conceal my chapped lips.



(L-R)
Kontrol
Disciple

Discple with M.A.C.'s Eyekhol pencil in Blooz

I went to out and purchased (at last!) my very first Illamasqua purchase which is why I have my very own glittery makeup bag, (I've spent $68 for the two lipsticks.... now I'm broke lol) a free sample of Hydra Veil which I've been thinking of purchasing soon and then I have my own feathery pen~!

Now let's talk about the lipsticks. I tried out Kontrol as soon as I reached home to test it out and was hopping for a quite dark blueish-purple lipstick but I think it turned out to be quite purple on my skin tone. Maybe because I haven't fully removed my previous lipstick so I'm going to have to test it out tomorrow to see how it will turn out.

KONTROL
First impressions: yes, I love how it glides on smoothly on my lips just like that. It has a good amount of coverage and it's pretty creamy for a matte lipstick.

DISCIPLE
First impressions: So far so good, but it reminds me of M.A.C.'s Riri Woo. It's quite dry when you put it on and quite hard that I had to be careful not to pull it too hard or it will snap. But then, once you reach that level of shade you wanted to have from the lipstick, the color can be build up to your preferred shade, you can't even feel you're wearing it. It's quite light and non-drying at all which is nice. I'll try to see if it can hold still on Sundays since it's like our "free-day" and there's a bunch of people who looked down at me because I looked like a highschool kid. One thing that I also notice is that, at first they give off that vanilla-like smell and then it disappears. Probably that's why I don't seem to feel like I'm wearing anything at all. Over-all it's a 7.5 out of 10 because of application but for color pay-off it's a 9 out of 10. I don't think there are any blue or navy blue lip pencil out there so I had to use M.A.C.'s eye kohl pencil in Blooz.

I'll be having new stuff pretty soon and I forgot that there are three more which I didn't mention but I'm really happy using.

See you again at the end of the month~!


Thank you for your time~!


Cheers!


Love,

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment